What the Heck Is a Fonblet?

Samsung is trying to make “fonblet” happen. At the company’s Analyst Day in Seoul, Samsung announced that it has created a “fonblet market.” We’re not making this up. Here’s a slide from the company’s presentation:


What is this abomination? Well, according to Tech in Asia, a fonblet is a “large-display phone with a stylus and handwriting support” — so, basically, this is just Samsung’s special word for phones like the Galaxy Note 3, which everyone else has been (begrudgingly) calling “phablets.”

According to the rest of us, it’s this:


I mean, how is this even pronounced? Is it phone-blet? Fonn-blet? Just no, Samsung. Just no.

(via TechCrunch)

Comments are closed.